So many people have already emailed that they love Mrs. Reagan’s monkey bread recipe – So I had to share another favorite! Barbara Bush’s fabulous chocolate chip cookies:
Barbara Bush’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
2 teaspoons vanilla
one 12-ounce package chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugars.
3. Add eggs and beat well.
4. In another bowl, sift flour, soda, and slat and add to butter mixture.
5. Add oats, vanilla, and chocolate chips.
6. Mix together well and drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes.
Yield: 3 dozen cookies!